cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crackerjack
Frequent Visitor

Parse JSON Output to SQL

As you can see in the images, there are some values in the output of "Parse JSON". However, when I try to utilise these values, it is showing nothing in output. Any idea where I did wrong?

Screenshot 2021-04-17 at 5.02.09 PM.pngScreenshot 2021-04-17 at 5.02.55 PM.png

4 REPLIES 4
powercorner
Resolver III
Resolver III

Which kind of output do you expect? 

It looks like the insertion of the row succeeded and it gives you back an internalID. 

What would be your goal here?

Greetz

The insertion is successful but it is not getting the values from the parsed json.

For example, I would like to have the values from "RowKey", "Timestamp", "Details" and "Username".

Do you mean that the values "RowKey" ,"Timestamp" and so on are not written into the new inserted row?

Is the sql row empty? check your raw input of the sql insert action, what does it say?

If the sql row is empty, you should check your parser. maybe you could create variables for each parameter "RowKey", "Timestamp" and so on to see if the parser output is empty.

You can then insert the variables into your sql action.

Like this:

powercorner_0-1618653286983.png

if you want to get the data from the new row you could just use the "get-row" action and fill in the id from the "insert-row" action?

I just checked it out, you are right that the insert row should return the values in the output,

but it seems that your input is broken?

powercorner_0-1618656369546.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (49,111)