cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crackerjack
Frequent Visitor

Parse JSON Output to SQL

As you can see in the images, there are some values in the output of "Parse JSON". However, when I try to utilise these values, it is showing nothing in output. Any idea where I did wrong?

Screenshot 2021-04-17 at 5.02.09 PM.pngScreenshot 2021-04-17 at 5.02.55 PM.png

4 REPLIES 4
powercorner
Super User
Super User

Which kind of output do you expect? 

It looks like the insertion of the row succeeded and it gives you back an internalID. 

What would be your goal here?

Greetz

The insertion is successful but it is not getting the values from the parsed json.

For example, I would like to have the values from "RowKey", "Timestamp", "Details" and "Username".

Do you mean that the values "RowKey" ,"Timestamp" and so on are not written into the new inserted row?

Is the sql row empty? check your raw input of the sql insert action, what does it say?

If the sql row is empty, you should check your parser. maybe you could create variables for each parameter "RowKey", "Timestamp" and so on to see if the parser output is empty.

You can then insert the variables into your sql action.

Like this:

powercorner_0-1618653286983.png

if you want to get the data from the new row you could just use the "get-row" action and fill in the id from the "insert-row" action?

I just checked it out, you are right that the insert row should return the values in the output,

but it seems that your input is broken?

powercorner_0-1618656369546.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,776)