Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TonySuslovich
Helper I
Helper I

Parse JSON action: missing properties

Hi all,

I have a List Records action (source is CDS) which pulls some data from CDS. Some records may not have certain attributes (they're NULL) and List Records doesn't return attributes with value = NULL for some reason. I have Parse JSON action following List Records where I parse JSON output from List Records and its schema has all the possible attributes that I'm trying to fetch from List Records. So Parse JSON is failing when it comes across a record which doesn't match the schema due to missing attributes. Is there any way around this...like indicating in Parse JSON schema that some attributes may be optional or perhaps telling List Records option to return all attributes even if they have NULL values?

TIA,

-Tony Suslovich.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hi @TonySuslovich 

In the "Parse JSON" action you will have a list with all the required properties:

required_parse_json.png

Therefore, you should remove those attributes that are not required (they may not be present in the JSON file) from that list.

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hi @TonySuslovich 

In the "Parse JSON" action you will have a list with all the required properties:

required_parse_json.png

Therefore, you should remove those attributes that are not required (they may not be present in the JSON file) from that list.

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

TonySuslovich
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @fchopo Excellent!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,875)