Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
artivo
Helper I
Helper I

Parse JSON from array object results in "apply to each" action

Hello Community,

i do have a flow where an ArrayVariable is dynamically filled up in an "apply to each" loop.

This works as expected.

Next task is to make each line of the array available for the root-flow via "Parse JSON".

This also works as expected.

The only issue is... when i want to use a value from the previous "Parse JSON" action in a e.g. compose action, it will automatically create an "Apply to each" loop.

This is unwanted 🙂

The reason for this mal-behavior seems to be the format of the JSON-content which is parsed in "[ ]".

I conclude: Whenver PowerAutomate gets a request with input in brackets, it starts an "apply to each" action.

Now the question: What can I do to get rid of this ?

Below a screenshot:

artivo_0-1653057416942.png

artivo_0-1653057840635.png

When I re-use content from the last "Parse JSON" connector it starts an "apply to each" even though there's no looping action.

Any Ideas ?

1 REPLY 1
ManishJain
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @artivo ,

Since you are using Parse Json content again and it clearly says item of type array , when you use it again or any fields inside that it will automatically consider it as array and do apply to each loop. If you are looking for particular value , go to that level first and use it .

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,072)