cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GustavoCH

Parse message from Teams

Hello, I'm trying to create my first flow and the idea is to have a list in sharepoint as my ticket list, and ask via Teams (from a specific channel) about the state of an item of the list and retrieve it as a message.

I want to type "ID=80" or similiar, and parse the id number to set it as the filter of the get item action for sharepoint.

Do you know if this is possible?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
rrovira
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello, @GustavoCH

Have you tried using https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/teams/#when-a-new-channel-message-is-added to handle new message in a channel? I think that would be a good start, then you could check in your flow if if meets the format you are after (e.g. if message contains "ID=" then do the following) and you could try using the split function (Split function in Power Apps - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs) to separate said string to use the number for the SharePoint list query. 

Let me know if this gives you a good idea on how to start your flow. 

Cheers! 

Thanx @rrovira , gonna try with those links!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (1,374)