cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmurrellhc

Parse results from On-Premise SQL Stored Procedure

I am trying to use a SQL stored procedure to get the correct email address to which I can send the results of a flow. Unfortunately, our SQL deployment is on-premise. I understand that SQL in the cloud would make this easier, but that's not an option here.

Anyway, I'm getting good results from my SP as shown in the output returned:

example.png

However, I don't know how to parse out the email address returned. A Data Operations - Select rule (as described in this blog post) doesn't work due to my on-prem deployment. How can I extract, say, the value associated with "terrEmail" in this example?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Not sure what you mean that a Data Operations Select action won't work because of your on-premises deployment.  The Select action works on the Table that is returned in the results set to Power Automate.  So the fact that it came from on-premises shouldn't matter.  But either way you should be able to do a Parse JSON on your results.  Just make sure that what you Parse is just the Table 1 results and not the full results set.  ResultsSet is an Object, ResultSets Table1 is an array.  Like this.

image.png

Once you've run it once you can use the output to create a better schema.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Not sure what you mean that a Data Operations Select action won't work because of your on-premises deployment.  The Select action works on the Table that is returned in the results set to Power Automate.  So the fact that it came from on-premises shouldn't matter.  But either way you should be able to do a Parse JSON on your results.  Just make sure that what you Parse is just the Table 1 results and not the full results set.  ResultsSet is an Object, ResultSets Table1 is an array.  Like this.

image.png

Once you've run it once you can use the output to create a better schema.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,568)