Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sudosaurus
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Parsing JSON from CSV file into Word template using quick parts

Hello,

I am having trouble with my workflow where I am essentially uploading a CSV file from PowerApps - my workflow grabs the content of the CSV file and parses JSON from column data in the csv file and creates a word document in SharePoint, then fills it out using SharePoint Quick Parts.

Most of my templates are working correctly however there are a few which are not populating particular bits of data into the documents.

One of the column names is named "Key Type, Make and Serial Number" - I have put this in quotes in the CSV file as I believed that it would not process correctly because there is a "," in there. I re-tested and came across the same issue, still not populating.

Is it possible that it just doesn't like a "," in the column header regardless or not whether it has quotes around it?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
takolota
Super User
Super User

@sudosaurus 

You can try using this template to parse any CSVs with in-data commas.

It should work as long as there are quotes around any items with in-data commas.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Cookbook/CSV-to-Dataset/td-p/1508191

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,298)