Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wiredupjax
Resolver I
Resolver I

Parsing data

Dear PA peers--

How would I go about parsing this data: ["6 Month","12 Month","Primary (single)"]

I just need the data between the " " and stored in a single string. 

This is a tuffie for me.

Best, JS

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
rsaikrishna
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@wiredupjax 

Created an sample for your requirement:

Stored the string which you provided in a variable of type Array. Looping thru each item to get individual value:

1.JPG

Output:

2.JPG

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

View solution in original post

@rsaikrishna helped me nail the final solution! Many thanks

For MemberShip Conversion

----> replace(replace(replace(replace(outputs('MembershipType'),'["',''),'"]',''),'"',''),',',', ')

final.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
rsaikrishna
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@wiredupjax 

Created an sample for your requirement:

Stored the string which you provided in a variable of type Array. Looping thru each item to get individual value:

1.JPG

Output:

2.JPG

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

@rsaikrishna 

Actually, this threw an error:

BadRequest. The variable 'varString' of type 'Array' cannot be initialized or updated with value '["12 Month","Primary (single)","Corporate"]' of type 'String'. The variable 'varString' only supports values of types 'Array'.

@wiredupjax 

Can you please share the screen shot of your flow? 

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

parse.jpg

@wiredupjax 

Before your first action "Initialize variable...", place a compose action and set the value Wellness Progra.. field. 

Now, Initialize variable with output from compose action.

Share the flow result of the compose and initialize variable actions.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

parse 2.jpg

@rsaikrishna helped me nail the final solution! Many thanks

For MemberShip Conversion

----> replace(replace(replace(replace(outputs('MembershipType'),'["',''),'"]',''),'"',''),',',', ')

final.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,071)