cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Parsing list item data

Hello, and thank you for any help.  I have a SharePoint list which contains multiple fields. I would like to create a flow that will concatenate some of the fields and then parse the result.  Details:

1.  Step 1: Will concatenate string literals along with multiple Fields in the List.  This seems like it will be fairly straightforward using concat().  So, for example, I'll need to concat('This is a test',Field1,Field3, 'End of test')

2.  THEN...  Step 2:  I need to divide the result of step one into lines of text which are X or less characters in length and delimited by a space.  If the result of step 1 is 'THIS IS A TEST OF THE EMERGENCY BROADCAST SYSTEM' and X is 10 (10 characters or less per line), I want the Flow to allow me to output the following six lines:

'THIS IS A ' (10 chars including space),

'TEST OF ' (8 chars with space),

'THE ' (4 chars with space),

'EMERGENCY ' (10 chars with spce),

'BROADCAST ' (10 chars with space),

'SYSTEM' (last 6 chars).

We have an older system that not connected to SharePoint that I'm hoping we can copy and past the result into...

Thanks again for any assistance!

Jeff

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Parsing list item data

What is supposed to happen if there is a word that has more than 10 characters (or X) in it?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Good point...  The X value will be quite a bit higher in reality so that shouldn't be an issue.  However, in that case I'd expect that word to represent one line on its own (despite it having a length greater than X)

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

So... Did you ask because you were going to make a suggestion or...?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (10,512)