cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zedo
Regular Visitor

Parsing the date out of a Email body and then modifying it

Hello,

I'm super new to Power Automate and i've been tasked with what sounded like a simple request for my works flow. We get automated emailed out that I need to take the ship date it provides and then scale it back two days or more if its not a business day.

Our automated emails look like this;

Worker has been assigned coordinator for Event. The quote is now waiting for a formula.

Sales: Person

Client: Name

Event: Title and number

Number: BT21.0370

Ship Date:   11/5/2021 4:01 PM

Date of Event: 11/6/2021

I've kind of barely understood how to grab the ship date but its not working and I have no idea how to bring the date back 2 days

If anyone can figure this out, id be super grateful. It would be easier if I could just code this in javascript. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Zedo 

Check Power Automate flow Expressions Tutorial - YouTube

One of the scenarios is around fetching data from email body.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Zedo 

Check Power Automate flow Expressions Tutorial - YouTube

One of the scenarios is around fetching data from email body.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (2,166)