cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Pass multiple values from PowerApps to Flow

Hi,

I have a PowerApp with a combobox where a user can select 1 to n different companies.

f1.png

I need to pass on those values to a Flow.

Because I don't know how many elements will be selected, I created a single compose element in Flow that should hold a string that separates the different companies by a comma.

The question is how to embed the different elements into the Flow run equation that is selected in the PowerApp?

The problem is that I can enter only a single text that I hardcoded in the following screen to "0100"

f2.png

If I replace "0100" with the combobox selection then I get an error because of the multiple elements that are selected.

Question: Is there a way to put the different selected companies into a kind of container that I then enter in the Flow run equation?

Would be great if one could help.

Many thanks,

Ludwig

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Pass multiple values from PowerApps to Flow

Hi @lreinhard7,

There are some posts about how to pass a collection from PowerApps to Flow, you could have a reference to them firstly:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Passing-the-PowerApps-Collection-to-MS-Flow/...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Using-ForAll-to-run-a-Flow-and-pass-in-param...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Add the choices to a collection in Power Apps and pass the collection as a single array to the flow.  Then either unpack the array or use an Apply to Each to process the parameters passed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted

Hi Pstork1, 

Can you help me with that?

How do I pass the collection as a single array?

If I enter the collection "CompaniesSelected" with the field "LegalEntityId" into the expression then I get an error message. 

....Run(CompaniesSelected.LegalEntityId, 

and if I try

....Run(CompaniesSelected

I also get an error

What's the trick that would pass this as a single array?

Best regards, 

Ludwig

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lreinhard7,

There are some posts about how to pass a collection from PowerApps to Flow, you could have a reference to them firstly:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Passing-the-PowerApps-Collection-to-MS-Flow/...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Using-ForAll-to-run-a-Flow-and-pass-in-param...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

JSON seems to work like a charm 🙂

Many thanks for the help. 

Ludwig

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,425)