cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Passing Cookies between HTTP

This has been asked previously but all posts are 4-5 years old - I'm REALLY hoping this is a possible now.

I'm trying to pass cookies returned on one HTTP action into another - is this possible and what would that process look like? 

The idea is - the first POST HTTP is creating an Authorization token - this needs passed as cookies to the second GET HTTP which will then pull the data I actually need.

I have the integration working perfectly in Postman. I tried to import it and it failed so I'm rebuilding it with HTTP actions.

Any help or guidance would be DEEPLY appreciated!

tsPDI_0-1655207071600.png

3 REPLIES 3
David59740
Helper II
Helper II

I'm having the same issue with staying logged in for the HTTP GET request and have been researching a lot. Have you tried passing your unique session ID into the 'Cookie' section of your second HTTP action (I believe it needs to be passed in a form such as 'JSESSIONID=dhjasdhkasdhjaskjhdaskh.app-02'). Also, if your token expires you'll have to store it in a variable dynamically and input it wherever your API documentation says is valid to do so. If you figure this out please keep me updated, I am struggling heavily with this as well; there's really no good documentation on this that I have found.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How exactly would I pass the Cookie into the next HTTP(Or Extract it as a variable)? That's where I'm struggling - I "think" I need to use Parse JSON but I don't know how to direct it at the cookie returned from the initial HTTP request

You can either use Parse JSON or you can use multiple split methods if you want a specific value from the set-cookie.

outputs('HTTP')['Headers']['Set-Cookie'] will bring back your entire set cookie.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,288)