Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Performing same action from different approval conditions

Hello,

I am working on a flow like the one below. If the first approval gets rejected it goes for second approval to different group of users. If they approve, the flow needs to perform the same set of actions as it would have done with the first approval. 

Easiest way to implement is to get the first approval. If approved, perform the actions, else call the second approval. If it gets approved, duplicate the actions that would have performed in first approval in second approval. I don't want to duplicate the actions in the flow approved conditions but may be some how call them on second approval. What will be the best way to do so?

Flow.PNG

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Move the actions to be performed if either of the approvals are approved to the bottom of your flow.

In the Rejection arm of your condition on the 2nd approval, add a Terminate function with Success at the end of your rejection actions, so that the approval actions do not run.

Annotation 2020-01-09 082921.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Move the actions to be performed if either of the approvals are approved to the bottom of your flow.

In the Rejection arm of your condition on the 2nd approval, add a Terminate function with Success at the end of your rejection actions, so that the approval actions do not run.

Annotation 2020-01-09 082921.png

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Bhavpreet,

You can initialize an integer variable named Approval as a flag, set its default value to "0". If two of the approvals responded approved, set the variable to "1". After all, if the Approval is a "1", create a document or send reject email, for example:

Annotation 2020-01-09 111350.png

Annotation 2020-01-09 111408.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,550)