cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Pictures in "Send a customized email when a new SharePoint list item is added"

Hi all,

I need to send email when a new SharePoint list item is added. And in my list, users will put pictures in a column Rich Text Area.

But i noticed after uploading pictures in the SharePoint, and completing the new item, when we save the item (and the email is automatically sent right after), the pictures are not well displayed in the email. I just have the red cross picture meaning the picture was not downloaded.

Is there any solution to get the picture in the email as the user put it in the item ? What is the right variable to set in my flow ?

I already used html to put board in the email, but the tag "img src ..." dont work as expected. Anyway, I dont have the good variable.

Thanks for the response .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Pictures in "Send a customized email when a new SharePoint list item is added"

Hi @desco,

I'm afraid that this cannot be achieved so far. As the pictures cannot be correctly shown in the email body in Flow. As a workaround, you could use the Hyperlink column type to add pictures to list. And send the pictures' hyperlink to email body. 

If you need the feature, please consider to post an idea in the Flow Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Pictures in "Send a customized email when a new SharePoint list item is added"

Hi @desco,

I'm afraid that this cannot be achieved so far. As the pictures cannot be correctly shown in the email body in Flow. As a workaround, you could use the Hyperlink column type to add pictures to list. And send the pictures' hyperlink to email body. 

If you need the feature, please consider to post an idea in the Flow Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Ok thanks Mona Li

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Its high time that this feature is available. It could be done in SP 2013 workflows, but its hard to comprhend why Microsoft has decided to get rid if this. 

Microsoft has to realise that it becomes hard for IT personnel to sell SharePoint online to users if such important features are not available especially when it was in the previous version. You are supposed to keep the exisitng features and add new features not remove old features and new ones and not even replacing them.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,617)