cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
drlea12
Level: Powered On

Placing folder instead of a file name name in the body of a face sheet for faxing

20190320_114719.jpg

I have modified the following template to send a email fax to a specific recipient when a file is dropped into a OneDrive folder.  I would like the name of the folder to be inserted at a specific point on the cover page of that fax. Example Dear Mr. "name of folder here" thank you for sending this client to us.......

I am having trouble finding the right method to get only the name of the folder and not the name of the individual file to be placed in that particular spot on the cover page.

I also am having trouble with the formatting of the text in the subject section of the document as well. It tends to smash all of the words together as opposed to following the wysiwyg formatting.

An alternative approach would be to insert a customized fax page with my watermark on it that would have the same message and insert all the necessary information on that cover page with the ability to add a date of service or date of creation from each document. Example of what is not working now.  Any thoughts?

example.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Placing folder instead of a file name name in the body of a face sheet for faxing

Hi @drlea12 ,

It is recommended to use When a file is created (properties only) as the trigger.

Then you could use the following expression to get the name of the folder.

split(triggerBody()?['Path'],'/')[sub(length(split(triggerBody()?['Path'],'/')),2)]

3.PNG

As for the adjustments you mentioned in the Subject field, I am afraid it is currently difficult to implement, and it seems that only some basic text can be filled.

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 221 members 4,453 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: