cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
S_Tran
Helper III
Helper III

Plan B for after capturing attachment from emails flow failed.

I have created a flow for capturing email attachments & renaming those files to use specific filename then saving them in sharepoint.

When the email arrives it has multiple attachments. (1 xml, 2 pdf, and 1 htm file).

There is a pdf file with a filename format that includes an underscore, XXXXXXXXXX_XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.pdf (I wanted to use that filename format for all files). 

My goal is to save the xml file (which has to be renamed) and the pdf file that already has the underscore file format.

I used the set variable to capture that filename for renaming the xml.  

My current flow already achieved my current goal.  The problem is when the email arrives and it's missing that pdf file with the underscore (where I need to capture the variable), my flow fails and no attachments are created in sharepoint.  I want to edit this flow to save the xml using another filename format when that pdf file is missing & the variable cannot be set.  Please see my current screenshot of my flow.

Setting the Variable when there is the pdf file with underscoreSetting the Variable when there is the pdf file with underscoresaving the pdf that already has the underscore filename formatsaving the pdf that already has the underscore filename formatsaving the xml file with the set variable filenamesaving the xml file with the set variable filename

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,931)