cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mlmiles1
Frequent Visitor

Planner Board and Assignment of Dates

Hello, all!

I have built a Planner template of tasks that define an important business process that we do repeatedly.  I now want to figure out how to automate the creation of duplicates of this plan when a sharepoint list item is updated with a certain set of criteria.  The challenge I am facing is how to assign dates to each of the individual tasks.  The date that the business process is to be completed is entered in the Sharepoint list, and I know the due date for each of the interim tasks relative to the ultimate due date for the process.  Ideally, with that knowledge I could build a flow that would calculate and assign dates to each task given the ultimate due date.   

If that's true, what is the best way to get there?

Should I manually duplicate the planner board and then build a flow that updates each of the tasks with dates?  Or would it be better to build a flow that recreates the planner board from scratch, including dates, once triggered?  That begs the question, can planner boards be created in Power Automate?

Can what I am envisioning be done?

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,825)