cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Brice235i
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Planner 'Completed By' dynamic field has disappeared

Hi there, I have a workflow to update a SharePoint list when a Planner task is closed.  It has been working well for many years but failed September 12th the for first time.  The is no longer a Planner 'Closed By' field so the 'Update SharePoint' list failed when trying to populate the people look-up for Completed by...   Looks like something changed Microsoft's end?  

This was the result when it worked:

{
  "@odata.type""#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedUser",
  "Claims""c:0%.c|system|708047e6-f2f9-4567-9fa6-9c281b149101",
  "DisplayName""708047e6-f2f9-4567-9fa6-9c281b149101 (/sharepoint/2009/08/claims/farmid)",
  "Email"null,
  "Picture"null,
  "Department"null,
  "JobTitle"null
}
 
This is the result now - 
{
  "status"400,
  "message""The specified user 04f6876f-6134-49dc-b4f3-d2a9b9b3d3b6 could not be found.\r\nclientRequestId: ba706db6-4ebf-4a20-a1b9-8f92878d6564\r\nserviceRequestId: ba706db6-4ebf-4a20-a1b9-8f92878d6564"
}
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amanthaper
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @Brice235i  Just posted this for some others. Might be of use to you.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Get-completed-planner-task-s-description-and-the-...

 

Cheers,

Aman

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post helps you with your problem or answers your question, please mark it Solved or Answered. This helps anyone with similar challenges. If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @Brice235i 

 

How you setting the lookup? Could you please post a screenshot? Also make sure this user you trying to set exists in SharePoint. 400 means bad request. That's the reason I asked about how you setting the lookup by Display name or email etc. Is that name contains any special characters?

 

Thanks



Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up


Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials
Brice235i
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Thank you, the flow has been working for several years and the user is one of the key surveyors.   I've removed the 'Completedby' planner field on the Update SharePoint List action as it has vanished and I had to get the flow working again as is an important one.  We have many of these job tracker style solutions...  users request a job via PowerApp/Nintex form on a SharePoint list.  Planner task created... Planner task is closed and the SharePoint list is updated - statue = closed, date closed, who closed the task.

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

Megs_beach
Helper I
Helper I

I have the same issue. Where you able to find a fix and/or get help? If so, would you be willing to share the fix?

Brice235i
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

No fix, I just removed Completed By.  Is rather annoying that this field would be removed for no good reason.  

Amanthaper
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @Brice235i  Just posted this for some others. Might be of use to you.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Get-completed-planner-task-s-description-and-the-...

 

Cheers,

Aman

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post helps you with your problem or answers your question, please mark it Solved or Answered. This helps anyone with similar challenges. If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

View solution in original post

@Brice235i 

Im not sure it will work for you, but I figured out an expression that pulled the user ID for who completed the planner task.

 

In a few other posts about similar issues I found this expression to get the user id for who completed a planner task:

triggeroutput?(‘conpletedBy’)?(‘user’)?(‘id’)

 

But I had trouble running it. So I started looking at the way my flow was built and realized I could change the expression to fit my flow. In my flow the user ID falls under an “Apply to each” step, so the expression I used looks like:

items(‘Apply_to_each’)?[‘completedBy/user/id’]

 

In looking at the picture of your flow, you might try adding the following steps:

 

1. After the trigger - add a “initialize variable” step for a string variable

2. After get task details - add an Office 365 users step called “Get user profile (V2)”. For this step try using an expression (instead of dynamic content) like:

items(‘Get_task_details’)?[‘completedBy/user/id’]

3. After the “Get user profile” step add a step to “Set variable” where the value is the Office 365 users “Display Name” dynamic content.

4. When you get to the SP “Update item” step, use the variable for the ‘Completed by Claims’ column where the user name should display. 

I’m not sure if it would work (I’m still new at this), but thought I’d pass along the little I learned in case it helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,012)