cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Planner Error Passing a Outlook Task Due Date to Planner

I have built a simple flow to send an Outlook Task to Planner. The problem I have is that when I add the Outlook Task Due Date as dynamic content to the Create Task Due Date time for Planner in my flow the flow always fails. Without the Due Date passed it works fine.  I've read through some of the previous and tried the addhours()  function but that also fails.

The error I'm getting is:

The request is invalid: Cannot convert the literal '2018-02-08T05:00:00' to the expected type 'Edm.DateTimeOffset'.

The workflow details show this

error": {
    "code""",
    "message""The request is invalid:\r\nCannot convert the literal '2018-02-08T05:00:00' to the expected type 'Edm.DateTimeOffset'.",
    "innerError": {
      "request-id""6dbfd24a-967a-409b-beb8-8ee7b9706745",
      "date""2018-02-07T21:04:04"

Help would much be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Planner Error Passing a Outlook Task Due Date to Planner

Thanks, Alice! I did realize that the date that was being passed from the Outlook task was not being formatted correctly. I used the concat () function in the Due Date Time field in the Create Task Planner to add a "Z" to the date that was being passed from the Outlook Task

concat(triggerBody()?['DueDateTime']?['DateTime'],'Z')

I think your format date function is more elegant. So I added this to the Due Date Time field for the Create Task Planner so that it formatted theDue Date being passed from the Outlook Task correctly. This would be easier to show if I could attach an image but unfortunately, I cannot figure out how to insert a picture of the flow. When I added this function the flow worked also.

formatDateTime(triggerBody()?['DueDateTime']?['DateTime'],'yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm:ssZ')

I will now update the Start Date fields. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ carpenb,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

The error message told that the value you provided within Due Date Time field of "Create a task" action for Planner is not valid, the "Create a task" action could not convert the value that you provided into an expected type.

I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:

• Add trigger "Manually trigger a flow".
  • Add action "Create a task" of “Outlook Tasks” connector, name the task in the “Subject” field, you could fill in the “Due date” field with expression below:

addDays(utcNow(),2)

• Add action "Create a task2" of “Planner” connector, fill in the “Planner Id” and “Bucket Id” field, choose the “Subject” dynamic content if the "Create a task" action in the “Title” field, you could fill in the “Due date Time” field with expression below:

formatDateTime(body('Create_a_task')?['DueDateTime']?['DateTime'],'yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm:ssZ')

1.png

The flow works successfully as below:

2.png3.png

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Highlighted

Thanks, Alice! I did realize that the date that was being passed from the Outlook task was not being formatted correctly. I used the concat () function in the Due Date Time field in the Create Task Planner to add a "Z" to the date that was being passed from the Outlook Task

concat(triggerBody()?['DueDateTime']?['DateTime'],'Z')

I think your format date function is more elegant. So I added this to the Due Date Time field for the Create Task Planner so that it formatted theDue Date being passed from the Outlook Task correctly. This would be easier to show if I could attach an image but unfortunately, I cannot figure out how to insert a picture of the flow. When I added this function the flow worked also.

formatDateTime(triggerBody()?['DueDateTime']?['DateTime'],'yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm:ssZ')

I will now update the Start Date fields. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,717)