cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
naveensoman

Planner 'Id' is 'null' when updating planner task when the Condition 'No' branch is executed

Hey everyone,

Hope someone can help me figure out this issue. I have a Conditional branch that puts an item in one Planner bucket or the other depending on a variable.

The 'Yes' and 'No' branch then converge to one common 'Update Task' where other details from the Forms are added in.

The issue I have is that when the 'No' branch is executed, the Planner 'Id' is 'null' when the 'Update task detail' step is executed.

When troubleshooting, I inserted an Email action within the 'No' condition and could confirm that the 'Id' is indeed generated.

No branch issue Flow.jpg No branch issue Flow - error.jpg

The 'Create task' is successful on the 'Yes' and 'No' branches.

The 'Update task detail' only fails on the 'No' branch due to the 'null' Planner Id. No such issue when the 'Yes' branch is executed.

Am I doing something wrong? 

5 REPLIES 5
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@naveensoman

I believe you need to add the update task details under both branches and make sure you pass the planner Id from the relevant create task , it works for yes because you are passing the ID of the Create Task in the Yes Branch.

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here
naveensoman

Thanks Mira. I definitely plan to use that as a workaround, but why is the Id not being passed down the 'No' branch? Since the task is being created successfully and the 'Update' task is being run, the Id should have been passed down as well. Is this a bug?

I definitely would have tried your approach if the 'No' branch terminated and the 'Update' task wasn't executed.

@naveensoman 

Because Id comes from the Create Task of the previous step ..?

SO you define a variable and set it to the Id and use the Id in the Update Task instead

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

naveensoman

@Mira_Ghaly : The 'Create Task' is executed and an Id is generated on the 'No' branch. When the 'Update' task is run, the value of 'Id' is 'null' though for some reason. 

@naveensoman yes because it is trying to read from create take action in the yes branch 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (2,994)