cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flow_User
Advocate I
Advocate I

Planner Priority Attribute in Power Automate

How can I access ms planner priority attribute in power automate?

6 REPLIES 6
v-JessicaG-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Flow_User ,

The preview version of the Create a task actions can do this. So you just need to swap this one out instead of using "Create a task" step and you will see the priority filed at the bottom of this step. You could get it by calling beta endpoint: https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/me/planner/tasks

It's looking for a number to set the priority here the description from MS website:

Priority of the task. Valid range of values is between 0 and 10 (inclusive), with increasing value being lower priority (0 has the highest priority and 10 has the lowest priority). Currently, Planner interprets values 0 and 1 as "urgent", 2 and 3 and 4 as "important", 5, 6, and 7 as "medium", and 8, 9, and 10 as "low". Currently, Planner sets the value 1 for "urgent", 3 for "important", 5 for "medium", and 9 for "low".

You could refer to this link: https://sharepains.com/2022/01/10/task-priority-in-microsoft-planner/

Best Regards,

Jessica Gu

I need to access existing Planner task priority. 

Hello, have you finde a solution? I search too for a way to get the task priority. 

Flow_User
Advocate I
Advocate I

@Thomas22 No, I did not find a solution.... If I come across anything, I will post it.

I am having the same problem. The only workaround appears to be calling the Graph API directly via HTTP call. But the authentication path and set-up is too cumbersome so it's not viable for most Low coders and non IT Admins.  I guess we have to wait for Microsoft to expose this in the Planner connector for Power Automate.

felipejaworoski
Regular Visitor

So, I wass facing the same problem.

In my case, I wass trying to actualize a list of a planner activities. What i did wass take the value from the variable priority on the output of my "get a task" action and write on the expression field. Something like this: 

outputs('Get_a_task')?['body/priority']
(I've tried to translate for english because my power automate is on Pt-BR, so i don't know if it's 'Get_a_task' on the parentheses the original is: outputs('Obter_uma_tarefa')?['body/priority'])

The four types of priorities follows the following logic:
Low = 9
Medium = 5
Important = 3
Urgent = 1

I really hope this helps someone because I've got stuck a few days trying to solve that problem.
And sorry for the bad english. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,934)