cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Planner Task Update fails when Start Date is set to today

I'm running into this issue and I'm not sure how to address it. When users submit a form response, the Start Date on a task in Planner is set to the day the form was submitted. On the form, they pick a date when their request needs to be actioned by, so I've used Flow to update the task due date to match what they selected. Planner is actually setting the due date to the selected date, minus 1 day. 

I am OK with this as it means we get the reminder emails from Planner that we have tasks coming due soon a little earlier. However, if the user picks the date on form for the day they're submitting it (even though they're told not to, as we need 48 hours notice... sigh), the Flow fails as the task Due Date cannot be set earlier than the task Start Date, as Planner keeps setting the Due Date as the date the user picked minus 1 day.

Is there a way to either make Planner not set subtract 1 day from the Due Date to prevent this (not ideal), or for it to calculate that the Due Date is equal to the start date and automatically add a day to the Due Date to prevent the error?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Planner Task Update fails when Start Date is set to today

Hi @at211,

You could use the addDays() function to add one day based on the due date in case Planner subtract 1 day, for example:

addDays('2020-10-01',1,'yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm:ssZ')

Screenshot 2020-10-01 144426.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

To add some more context:

The start date time is set as follows:

start time.JPG

The Due Date is set in another step, to a substring from the email notification body that contains the date the user selected. The data that it enters into the 'Due Date Time' field is the user selected date in the format: YYYY-MM-DD. Here's a screenshot of one of the failures:

flowerror.JPG

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @at211,

You could use the addDays() function to add one day based on the due date in case Planner subtract 1 day, for example:

addDays('2020-10-01',1,'yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm:ssZ')

Screenshot 2020-10-01 144426.jpg

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, that helps me add a day onto the Due Date. However, I only want that to happen when the date the form was submitted matches the Start Date on the task, not every time.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @at211,

OK, you could create a condition action to determine the submitted date if equals Start Date.

If it equals, add 1 day, or not add.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,442)