cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Planner due date / Next month

Hi,

I'm trying to create a task for MS Teams. After completing the task, I need to take due date from last task and make the new one task with shifted due date to next month. Can you advice me with this relativly easy task please?

Have a nice day,

Jan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Planner due date / Next month

@Jendy 

Ok, the context helps.  Since your trigger is "When a task is completed", you don't need the "list tasks" (unless you need that for something else later).  Your flow could look something like this:

Trigger - When a task is completed

Add to Time - Add a month to the due date from the completed task in the Trigger.

Create a new task - All the details you'd want, but the due date would be the dynamic output of the Add to Time action.

Give that a try and let us know how it works out.

-Ed

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@Jendy 

Hi there.  Have you already seen the Add to Time action?  That might be the easiest way to add time to the date:

20200804a.PNG

Keep us posted.

-Ed

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Helo @edgonzales 

I tryied your solution and it looks good but it has one problem. In moment when I want to "Add to time", it applied this for each one completed task.

I add attch. where you can see, what it doing. This work for every completed task. I need to apply this for the last completed task.

Have you some advice, how to make it please?

flow2.png

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@Jendy 

Ok, the context helps.  Since your trigger is "When a task is completed", you don't need the "list tasks" (unless you need that for something else later).  Your flow could look something like this:

Trigger - When a task is completed

Add to Time - Add a month to the due date from the completed task in the Trigger.

Create a new task - All the details you'd want, but the due date would be the dynamic output of the Add to Time action.

Give that a try and let us know how it works out.

-Ed

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@edgonzales  Great, it working! 🙂 Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,605)