cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Planner "When a task is created" - sending a calendar invite with the task info to the user task is assigned to

Hopefully someone can help me out. I've been searching high and low and trying to get this right. I have been working on this and the last piece is giving me a fit.

When a user is assigned a task, I want to send a calendar invite, as well, to the user to be able to add it to their Outlook calendar. I can't seem to find just "Send an invite" or anything close, as an option and decided to use the group calendar for testing purposes. I think if I could find a simple send an invite, it could be done. Just haven't located it.

Below is my flow:

bbwilson14_0-1611195939525.png

The error I keep getting is this:

bbwilson14_1-1611196008144.png

Thanks for any insight!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bbwilson14,

I tried to repeat the Flow on my side to create a Group event but not find the same issue:

Screenshot 2021-01-21 145551.jpg

Could you please check if the configuration is correct? Contains the start date, due date, etc.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

I got it now. I reversed the order the flow was in and created a calendar event after "when a task is created" then I pulled the "User Profile" info. I tested it and it sent the even to my calendar in Outlook with the time I input as the default timeframe. Thanks for chiming in! Below is what it looks like.

bbwilson14_0-1611281308698.png

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bbwilson14,

I tried to repeat the Flow on my side to create a Group event but not find the same issue:

Screenshot 2021-01-21 145551.jpg

Could you please check if the configuration is correct? Contains the start date, due date, etc.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I'm using the start and due date for the task from Planner. Is that what you're using in your "Create a Group Event"?

I got it now. I reversed the order the flow was in and created a calendar event after "when a task is created" then I pulled the "User Profile" info. I tested it and it sent the even to my calendar in Outlook with the time I input as the default timeframe. Thanks for chiming in! Below is what it looks like.

bbwilson14_0-1611281308698.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (15,561)