cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Planner task reminder

I am trying to make a flow which grabs the tasks assigned to me in planner, then filters to those which are not completed yet (status<100), then checks the due date to see if it is a week away. If yes, it emails a reminder that the task is due, if no, it does nothing.

so far I've gotten it to work with with the completion condition as well as the due date separately, but not in combination. Is this not possible? Looking for a new idea on how to approach receiving reminders when an assigned task is almost due if it has not been finished yet.

anyone have any thoughts?

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Planner task reminder

Hi @Anonymous,

Would you please share the flow that works seperately as you described?

Actually there is a way to "Combine" them.

After the "Get My tasks" Action, add a filter Query action to check the Status, then add the checking due date condition, use the due date time from the Filter Query output, a flow similar to the following:

66.PNG

Let me know if that would work for your situation.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-micsh-msft thanks! That is almost the exact setup i had been working with but was running into errors. I think it may have been from me making so many changes in an attempt to get it to work. I started fresh, and added the apply to each myself this time rather than letting it be autoadded and it seems to work.

Now I am just trying to get it working fancier. The real goal would be for on the Condition to compare the Due Date Time from the planner task to the current time, minus say 3 days, and if it is in that range, then I would have the condition send a reminder email that the task is almost due.

Have been trying something like:

@lessOrEquals(adddays(item()?['dueDateTime'], -3), utcnow())

but it is not working.....any ideas for something like this?

Thanks!

Brian

CChild
Level: Powered On

Could you let me know what the Trigger for this flow is? I'd love to put together a flow that sends an email when a task is due to the team member it's assigned to - which is sort of similar to this - but I've never built a flow before and am struggling a bit to get started. 

Thank you!

Claire

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure thing!
I used the reoccurance and have it run every morning at the start of my day.
If you are just getting used to flow, reoccurance is a nice trigger to play with until you get a handle on some of the other tools.
Cheers!
CChild
Level: Powered On

Oh, great. Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 121 members 4,680 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: