Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
FTinoco1996
Level: Powered On

Planner to outlook calendar making more events than it should

Hello.

So as the title sugests i have an issue with my flow ( wich makes a event on outlook whenever there is a new task on planner and  also events on people's calendars.

So the issue is whenever i had more than myself to a task on planner , my callendar gets more than 1 event ( corresponding to the number of people that are on the task)

As the folowing screen shot shows i've added me and a coworker to the task on planner and it created two events on my calendar.

print 1.jpg2 events created on my calendar

I think it has to do with the apply to each maybe? but i can't seem to do the function without it. ( My objetive is to get rid of the extra events on the calendar of the flow's host.

flow.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Planner to outlook calendar making more events than it should

Hi
If I were you i would
1.initialize a variable of type array before the 'Apply to each'. Let's call it for example 'UtilizadorArray'
2. Inside 'Apply to each', add 'append to array variable' after 'Obter perfil de utilizador' Select the variable previously created, and add it 'Email' output
3. Replace in your 'Create event' current input 'correio' and add the following expression
join(variables('UtilizadorArray'),';')
4. move just outside 'Apply to each' your 'Create event' and place it at the bottom of your flow

So this way you create an array with your target email adresses, then create a single event in which all of them are added.

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi
You are right. Your Apply to each is iterating through the list of assignees, this means if you generate N new events.
What's the goal you want to achieve adding an 'Apply to each' to your flow?
If you want to get all asignees email adress, and then invite them to the unique event you want to create, then you should place 'Create event' out of the Apply to each
Hope this helps

Proud to be a Flownaut!

FTinoco1996

So my goal was to create an event on mt coworkers calendars aswell ( wich it does) and i can't take the creat event out of the for each because  on the "necessary participants" on create event i need to get the obtained user profile and put it in (ill describe it on a print)

Capturar.PNG

is there a diferent way to do this?

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi
If I were you i would
1.initialize a variable of type array before the 'Apply to each'. Let's call it for example 'UtilizadorArray'
2. Inside 'Apply to each', add 'append to array variable' after 'Obter perfil de utilizador' Select the variable previously created, and add it 'Email' output
3. Replace in your 'Create event' current input 'correio' and add the following expression
join(variables('UtilizadorArray'),';')
4. move just outside 'Apply to each' your 'Create event' and place it at the bottom of your flow

So this way you create an array with your target email adresses, then create a single event in which all of them are added.

Hope this helps

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

FTinoco1996

Works like a charm!!

Thank you alot!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,998)