cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LoganRead2017

Please Help! Multi Line Flow

Hi Everyone,

Really hope someone can help me 🙂

I have build a flow that updates the status of an item into a multi line text field. BUT HOW do I make it update when the status changes again on another line in the Multi Line Text field without removing the previous/existing status's

For Example, i want it to update like the below:

12/06 - Status changed to Open

14/06 - Status Changed to Started

18/06 - Status Changed to Closed

4 REPLIES 4
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@LoganRead2017 

You need to initialize variable and set it to the Multiline field

Then use a compose data operation with concat expression to concatenate your variable to the new value from your status

Then update the Multiline field with the output from the compose data operation

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

@Mira_Ghaly or anyone else that can help!

The solution above worked for me to add to a multi line field but i have another question now on the formatting. 

I used the following Concat Formula, but it does not make the status's go onto a different line when viewing the actual field:

concat('

', variables('Today'), ' ' , ':' , ' ' ,  variables('UpdateColumn'),  variables('details variable'))

Screenshot of the Main List View (WHICH WORKS FINE!)

LoganRead2017_2-1625487821789.png

View when opening the list item (under the details IT DOES NOT GO ONTO SEPARATE LINES?)

LoganRead2017_1-1625487760476.png

@LoganRead2017

Can you try this for new line  {" \n\n"} inside concat?

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@LoganRead2017

If the new line does not work this way initalize a variable called new line fo type string and in the value add a carriage return enter and use the variable inside the concat function

Concat('string1',variables( 'newline'), 'string2')

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,462)