cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

'Please call loadWorkflow before using the designer' error when editing the automation/flow

Hi,

My automation/flow just stopped firing on the 21/4/20. It is due to trigger and send an email when a new item is created on a SharePoint list. I'm seeing an error when trying to edit it - 'Please call loadWorkflow before using the designer'.

Power Automate error - Please call loadWorkflow before using the designer.jpg

• It's not showing a failed run in the Runs history
  • It's not showing any errors in the 'Flow checker'
  • Both it's connections (SharePoint and Office 365 Outlook) have green ticks next to them
  • I've tried exporting the app, and re-importing it, this error is showing on the new import but the old Flow won't fire either
  • The Flow is turned on
  • It's on a per user plan, but only runs max 10 times a day so no limit issues I believe
  • I've looked in the O365 Admin Center and Microsoft Power Automate's status is listed as 'Healthy' in the Service health section.

I'm not what else to try. Thanks in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Re: 'Please call loadWorkflow before using the designer' error when editing the automation/flow

Thanks @v-litu-msft, I've not had this happen again so I'm going to write it off as a random, rare occurrence for now.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: 'Please call loadWorkflow before using the designer' error when editing the automation/flow

Hi @rhiheu,

Ok, so the issue happened when you try to edit the Flow "When an item is created in SharePoint list".

I tried to reproduce your Flow but not find the same issue, so it is not a service issue.

If you recreate another Flow with the same trigger and monitor the same SharePoint list, will it happen the same issue?

In other words, could you access the SharePoint list normally?

And another way you could have a try is to recreate a new connection of SharePoint, one possibility is that it is caused by connection expired.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @v-litu-msft, thanks for your reply. I've been able to get around it by re-importing an old version of the flow and re-building it up to the same point slowly, testing at each step. I haven't hit the same error. I might keep this thread open for a few more days though to see if anyone has any other suggestions as to why it broke though, as it could be a useful reference - the re-building took ages so I would like to avoid having to do that again.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rhiheu,

Actually, I met the same error report when I using Flow, but it's not the same trigger, and it just appears once, after I close it and reopen it, it disappears.

Keep this thread open for a few days is a wise decision. If someone could reproduce it and I met it again, I will report it to Power Automate Development Team.

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @v-litu-msft, thanks for your reply. Since no one seems to have come across the issue, what should I do with this post? It's not exactly 'solved' but I don't know how else to mark it as inactive or something?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rhiheu,

There is no other way could do but mark as a solution, It's not exactly 'solved' but you could mark your answer to help other users search the post easier to help you what could try.

Best Regards,

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Thanks @v-litu-msft, I've not had this happen again so I'm going to write it off as a random, rare occurrence for now.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (10,838)