cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Please help! permanently trigger the fflow 'when a file is created or modify (probertys only)'

Hi, i have create a Folder and a Document in a Folder .... now Triggered it my Flow 'when a file is created or modify (probertys only)' any time.

Why?

Kind regards

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Please help! permanently trigger the fflow 'when a file is created or modify (probertys only)'

@PowerPat 

This is behavior of the trigger which you are using- When a file is created or modified properties only).

For any other help, please provide complete information so that we can help you.

Thanks

Hardesh

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Re: Please help! permanently trigger the fflow 'when a file is created or modify (probertys only)'

the flow has a final trigger and update the item again ... it seems that the flow triggers itself . how can I prevent this from happening without removing it?

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@PowerPat 

Please share flow screens.

Thanks

Hardesh

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Here is the essential section from the trigger to the end, in between there is only pure query logic (I can not show everything because it is already a lot).

endlos Flow.png

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@PowerPat 

In the last you are updating file properties that is why it is triggering on continuously.

Add a dummy column in your doc list of type yes/no. And set dummy column default value as NO. After flow trigger,check dummy column value with condition like dummy column value is equal to false . In No block of condition use terminate action so that when condition become false, flow terminate. And in last set dummy column value as true in update action.  In this case your flow will run twice but it does not have any impact on your process.

Thanks

Hardesh

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

and what is wehen i want change a column (user) and the dummy column is also True? then not triggered the flow again

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@PowerPat 

Hide dummy column from content type and lets system fill default value during file created or modified. If you want to change user do that it will not impact your flow.

Thanks

Hardesh

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Re: Bitte helfen! den Fflow dauerhaft auslösen, "wenn eine Datei erstellt oder geändert wird (nur probertys)"

I want the flow to be triggered when the user changes something, which would not be possible with the column afterwards

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Bitte helfen! den Fflow dauerhaft auslösen, "wenn eine Datei erstellt oder geändert wird (nur probertys)"

@PowerPat 

Please enlighten me if i am missing something in your logic.

Thanks

Hardesh

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Come join us today! Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,967)