Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JiriS
Helper III
Helper III

Populate MS word with picture

Hi,

I want to populate MS with picture from Powerapps but I have quite problems. The flow makes bad ration of picture sides. It means that flow destroys my photos and usually it looks really bad.

My template:

1.png

My picture (square):

3.png

How populated pdf looks:

2.png

I need to change seting of word document to not change the ration of picture sides. It should just fill the picture area with the picture as big as it is just possible but not with deformed picture.

Do you understand me? Can you please help me?

Thank you for your ides.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JiriS,

The image will deform is caused the picture content control is rectangular, the appended image in the Docx is based on the sharp of picture content control. So, please try to change the picture content control to square to test again:

Annotation 2020-06-10 100503.jpgAnnotation 2020-06-10 100425.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Jay-Encodian
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey @JiriS 

In this instant the image is bound by the control dimensions where the image is being placed.

If this isn't the desired result this may  be an alternative: https://blog.encodian.com/2020/05/populate-a-word-or-pdf-document-using-power-automate/

If you need to dynamically resize the image before adding to the document using the 'Resize an Image' action

HTH

Jay

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JiriS,

The image will deform is caused the picture content control is rectangular, the appended image in the Docx is based on the sharp of picture content control. So, please try to change the picture content control to square to test again:

Annotation 2020-06-10 100503.jpgAnnotation 2020-06-10 100425.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

JiriS
Helper III
Helper III

Hi,

thank you for your message, but it is not a sulution because my photo is sometimes square, rectegle... 

This photo was only exaple, but I need to do it for anything photo with anything dimension.

Thanks

I tried to do in normal word without flow and it works...

4.png

Why it does not work in flow?

Jay-Encodian
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey @JiriS 

In this instant the image is bound by the control dimensions where the image is being placed.

If this isn't the desired result this may  be an alternative: https://blog.encodian.com/2020/05/populate-a-word-or-pdf-document-using-power-automate/

If you need to dynamically resize the image before adding to the document using the 'Resize an Image' action

HTH

Jay

Thank you for your idea but exists something free?

Thanks

Jay-Encodian
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @JiriS 

Not that I'm aware of... though Encodian do offer a free SKU permitting 50 actions per month

HTH

Jay

50 actions for a month is not a lot...

Jay-Encodian
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @JiriS 

Depends on your view, a free service (50 actions) and free support... that's quite a lot for nothing 🙂

Just like Microsoft, Encodian (and other software vendors) need to charge for the software and services they provide.

Regards

Jay

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,573)