cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amulhearn0207
Frequent Visitor

Populate People Column in List Based on Text Input from Cognito Forms

Hello,

I have a flow which creates a SharePoint list item based on data it receives from a Cognito Form.

One important field on the Cognito Form lists Employees by name, separated by commas. Sometimes, there is only 1 name; sometimes, there are up to 10.
Example: "John Smith,John Doe,Bertha Williams"

I cannot figure out how to get the data to populate the SharePoint list. The list is set to accommodate multiple names.

I assume I need to insert a step between "when the form comes in" and "add to list," but I can't figure out how to do it.

From the example above, I need my People Column on my list to hold each name.

I am grateful for any help!SD Report Sample Flow.png

2 REPLIES 2
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hi @amulhearn0207 

You could do the following:

1) Get the form field with users' emails, and split them by separator (for instance, a colon):

split(outputs('Get_response_details')?['body/r22adc5fb4f234e619da75859fad60083'],',')

2) For each user, add it to an array variable using "claims": "user_email",

3) Use that variable when creating the item in Sharepoint.

array.png

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi @fchopo - thank you so much for trying to help me.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand. I'm not using Forms in the mix at all. Is the suggestion that I add some step which creates a dummy form? 

At present, Cognito sends over the team members' full names - formatted identically to their Office 365 names. 

Sorry to be so ignorant here. I appreciate the clarity.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,806)