Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FlatFish
Helper II
Helper II

Populate Word Document with Check Boxes

Hi everyone,

I am aware that Microsoft does not currently allow the functionality to click check boxes from a form, but I found this post from 3 years ago that explains a workaround. Solved: Populate Word with Checkbox - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

I followed this video and created a flow just like it Microsoft Forms to PDF without Premium Actions in Power Automate - YouTube

I have a document loaded into SharePoint with all the respective column names and an exact replica of the flow he showed in this video. 

See below for what I tried to add. 

On reply 15/18 I tried to replicate and add in a condition as that user did way back, but rather than the checked box populating the template where the document property quick part is; the word "yes" or "no" populates it. I am unable to change the template and it needs to be a check box. There are multiple check boxes, but if I could get one functioning correctly I could get the rest.

If anyone could assist that would be great.

2 REPLIES 2
jsbev
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I have a similar challenge and wondering if you found a solution please

Thanks

Jag

Hi Jag,

Check out the first link in my post. I wasn't able to replicate it and get it working as expected, but I did make somewhat decent progress and was half-way there. I stopped working on it as I changed jobs actually.

The post from 3 years ago may help you as I was on my way to figuring it out.

Thanks,

The Flattest Fish Around

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,465)