Did you mean: 
AndiKe

Populate Word document - weird value for lookup columns

Hello,

I have the following situation:

List A

List B

Library Z

My goal is, that if an element is created in List B, a Word document will be created, and filled with some information, in Library Z. List A has some information that List B is referring to by lookup columns. So this is the workflow:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-12-31 um 16.43.08.png

It is pretty easy in my opinion and it works as it should. Except two of the populated columns are shown pretty weird:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-12-31 um 16.42.30.png

After "Value" the value I want is showing, but I do not need/want the [{"@odata.type":"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors... stuff 😀.

Does anybody know what I am doing wrong or if this can work anyhow?

Thank you very much and kind regards

Andi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DAllen365
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hello, it appears as though you are using the value of the full lookup column vs. just the VALUE of the lookup column.  The column itself holds more than just the value because of all its wiring to the parent list item.  We are interested in only its value.  I believe when you set the value of the Word document content placeholder from the SP lookup column, there should be an object of dynamic content for the lookup that says like "column value" along with just the column.  Use the value, and it should give you what you're looking for.

----------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DAllen365
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hello, it appears as though you are using the value of the full lookup column vs. just the VALUE of the lookup column.  The column itself holds more than just the value because of all its wiring to the parent list item.  We are interested in only its value.  I believe when you set the value of the Word document content placeholder from the SP lookup column, there should be an object of dynamic content for the lookup that says like "column value" along with just the column.  Use the value, and it should give you what you're looking for.

----------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Works perfectly, thank you very much and a have a great new year!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,822)