cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmooreieng

Populate a Microsoft Word Template Images come warped

I have a flow which takes form input data and populates a word template, it also includes images, however it seems the images always come over warped, as in not in their native aspect ratio. I'm fairly certain they're using the aspect ratio defined by the word template "Picture" content control. Is there a way to make this adapt to the incoming photo or am I just going to have to re-shape these every time? Would be very inconvenient.

I suppose worst case I could make them all match the most common aspect ratio that would be coming in but even that would be fairly inconvenient.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hi @tmooreieng 

Unfortunately, the image is image is bound by the control dimensions where the image is being placed, as you can read in this thread: Solved: Populate MS word with picture - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

As an alternative, you can used Encodian connector (Premium) which solves that issue.

Hope it helps!
Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hi @tmooreieng 

Unfortunately, the image is image is bound by the control dimensions where the image is being placed, as you can read in this thread: Solved: Populate MS word with picture - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

As an alternative, you can used Encodian connector (Premium) which solves that issue.

Hope it helps!
Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!
kimberlycarney

How do you build that from form input data to word template? That's exactly what I am trying to do this AM.

Thanks!

Kim

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,618)