cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CLS720
Advocate I
Advocate I

Populate a Microsoft Word Template into SharePoint Document Library

I'm using the Populate a Microsoft Word Template action to create a word document. The next action in this workflow is the SharePoint Create a file action. This action uses the output from the Populate a Microsoft Word Template action in the File Content field of the Create a file action. However, after the flow has run, the document type created in the document library is not a Microsoft Word Document.

populateWordTemplate.jpgtemplateInLibary.jpg

Can anyone help me configure this workflow so that a Word Document is created within the SharePoint Document Library?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sunay
Power Automate
Power Automate

Try appending ".docx" to the filename ?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Sunay
Power Automate
Power Automate

Try appending ".docx" to the filename ?

View solution in original post

GavinMc
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I have an issue in my step (see below). I'm pretty sure I've created the template elements using Quick Parts - Field - MergeField in Word, but any advise will be appreciated.

Capture.PNG

That fixed it- thank you!!

Were you able to open you file in microsoft word desktop version?

I think the problem was I was testing the same document over and over and it was being cached in Word. I renamed the file after it was created and it fixed the issue.

I'm in troube because if I open the merged Word file within Teams or Sharepoint, I can see the fields filled with data, but if I open it into the Desktop App I see only the placeholders without data. Also if I use the Flow function to send the Word file as an attachment, the file sent is empty of data. Can you help me? See below:

Immagine 2021-03-03 153054.png 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (33,025)