cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xtree96
Frequent Visitor

Populate a Word Template - Dynamic file selection does not exit

Hi,

I'm trying to update a word template from a filtered list in Excel.

I've created a word document for every unique filtered item and tried to populate the Word template using JSON.

The word document is actually created. But the error I had in "Populate a Microsoft Word template" is that "The selected file doesn't exist, please select a valid file and drive."

I've checked the output file and location seems correct... so I'm not sure what I'm missing. 

Can anyone help?

Screenshot 2022-11-30 174641.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
xtree96
Frequent Visitor

I've found a solution. It seems the 'Populate Word' action cannot use Id as *File. And it does not work as well when I manually entered the address + dynamic references.

So instead I initialize a variable, updated the variable with the address just right before the 'Populate Word' action, and use the variable in the *File.

And something else I found out - 'Populate a Word' does not work by just populating the fields. For a while I couldn't figure out why the fields are always still empty (unfilled) - you need to create a new file from the template you just populated then you will find the fields updated.

Screenshot 01.jpgScreenshot 02.jpgScreenshot 03.jpg

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
xtree96
Frequent Visitor

I've found a solution. It seems the 'Populate Word' action cannot use Id as *File. And it does not work as well when I manually entered the address + dynamic references.

So instead I initialize a variable, updated the variable with the address just right before the 'Populate Word' action, and use the variable in the *File.

And something else I found out - 'Populate a Word' does not work by just populating the fields. For a while I couldn't figure out why the fields are always still empty (unfilled) - you need to create a new file from the template you just populated then you will find the fields updated.

Screenshot 01.jpgScreenshot 02.jpgScreenshot 03.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,122)