cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Populate a specific value on the invoice entity from List Record to contact form (CRM)

Hi all, 

I'm new to MS Flow. This is probably my third time to build a flow. 

Anyhoooo, I want this flow to update 5 fields (i.e. Invoice URL 1, Invoice URL 2 ... Invoice URL 5) on the contact form when an invoice (including an invoice URL) is created in D365 CE. 

Here is what I built so far:Full FlowFull FlowInvoice URL fields on Contact FormInvoice URL fields on Contact Formimage.png

When an invoice is created -> wait for 30s -> List 5 invoices (Sort by DueDate asc) which have the same ContactID as the new invoice created -> List this contact -> Update 5 URL fields on this contact, i.e. the URL from the first invoice goes to Invoice URL 1, the URL from the second goes to Invoice URL 2......

The above flow works fine without errors. However, I'm having trouble with identifying top 2d, top 3rd, top 4th and top 5th from the invoice list and populating each of them to the 5 URL fields. 

Hopefully, I have explained myself. 

Please share your thoughts. 

Many thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Anonymous 

Think I understood your issue. So in your screenshot I can't see the mapping of those fields Invoice URL 2 to 5.  Do you have each defined fields in D365? 

Please let me know.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @abm ,

Thanks for your reply. 

Do you mean the invoice URL field in the Invoice entity? Here is a screenshot of the invoice form which has a field of invoice URL. 

InvoiceInvoice

I want to pick up the top 5 invoices under this contact person and populate their 5 URLs into 5 fields in the contact entity. 

image.png

Have I answered your questions? 

I was hoping to use "list Invoice records by ContactPerson" to query these invoices. 

image.png

Please share your thought

Many thanks. 

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Anonymous 

Thanks for your reply and screenshot.

The reason you can't map to other fields is it's the same field mapping you need to do in other fields.

What you need to do is use an index to determine whether it is the first record, second, third and so on. Then map the same field you mapped under the other fields depends on the index.

If you need further help please let me know.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,845)