cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Populate custom list from Excel spreadsheet

I see the need for copying or populating SharePoint custom list from Excel spreadsheet. There should be a function in sharepoint to "Import data" from excel or any othere data source.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

HI @AdamB1,

I think you don't need Flow for this. Simply use Quickedit. Then use copy/paste to populate the list from Excel to SharePoint lists. You will need to make sure that your column orders in both SharePoint and Excel match.

QuickEdit.PNG

Highlighted

Thanks, I just did that it worked fine with few issues. It only works from IE. I was trying before using Chrome and it didn't work. I agree with you, I don't think the need is for Flow. it's more for like a feature in SharePoint list just similar to "Export to Excel" button.

Highlighted

This only works from IE. Even the MS Edge browser is a no go. Unbelivable!

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ AdamB1,

I have made a research on my side, When I Quickedit the list in sharepoint, use copy/paste to populate the list from Excel to SharePoint lists, the operation would works well with IE, and wouldn’t work with Chrome and MS Edge.

I would post this issue to my product team, if the issue is solved, I will reply here.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,048)