cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Populate lookup field based on Excel Value

Hi I need some help populating a lookup field on a custom entity based on a value in excel.

I have a table in excel that I am creating new records for in entity called ADS , one of the columns in the spreadsheet is EmployeeID which is unique but the employeeid is stored on the contact entity. 

On the ADS entity there is a field 'Employee' that is a lookup to the Contact entity. I need to be able to populate the lookup based on the EmployeeID how is this possible?

Capture.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
ManishJain
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous ,

If the employeeid is unique on contact entity as well then you can pull up the contacts based on employeeid from the excel sheet using list records action. Once you do that pull up the first record from the action output and use it for lookup in create record.

Thanks 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ManishJain it is unique can you show me an example of how it would look?

Hi @Anonymous ,

From the advanced find download the fetchxml with the condition of employeeid and put it in the list records FetchXML query. 

The only change you need to do it instead of the advanced find value you have to use the excel data .

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ManishJain  am i going about this correctly? 

Capture.PNG

Hi @Anonymous ,

Yes you are going right way. But just wondering how many calls are you going to make this way for each record in excel . 

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ManishJain I need to the flow to look at the employeeid in the spreadsheet and match it to the contact record , then populate the employee lookup on the ADS entity.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,032)