cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Populating Choice Field with value from source Choice Field

So I am creating a serious of lists where information is moving from point A to B to C.  At each stage there is a different group of people that need to add more to that information before it moves to the next point.  Some of the information that needs to keep moving are choice fields.  My choice fields are single value only and appear in flow. 

The issue is that I want the displayed value in the destination choice field (let's say Point C), to match the value specified from the choice field from Point B.  I tried the "Enter Custom Value" option in flow, and then used the dynamic content of the same fields value.  It allowed me to save it.  However, it causes the flow to fail everytime with the following error message.

A value must be provided for item. clientRequestId: 0c5baa13-52a0-49d8-8f19-87167f387921

TL:DR

List 1 has Choice Field A

List 2 has Choice Field A

I want the value selected by the user from List 1 Choice Field A to populate into List 2 Choice Field A

(In this example Choice Field A is a Site Column)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I deleted everything, and i mean everything.  Started from scratch and it works now.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
faustocapellanj
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Anonymous

Can you please post your list columns and your flow steps so I can replicate on my end?

Thanks,

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Fausto Capellan, Jr
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Did my response help? Please give it a thumbs up!
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

There are 3 lists that you mentions but you only said that you want to pass List1 Choice Field A to populate into List 2 Choice Field A. Would you please post your flow configuration here?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Due to work policy i am unable to share my configs.  But i can provide a more understandable example.

List one

Name (single line of text)

Favourite Colour (choice = Red, Blue, Green)

List two

Name (single line of text) (fed from List one, works perfectly) 

Favourite Colour (choice = Red, Blue, Green) ( trying to get this value to display the value from List one)

Favourite Pass time (single line of text)

The seemingly logical thing to do is set Favourite Colour Value to "Enter custom value" and the select Favourite Colour Value from the list of Dynamic content.  However this results in an error.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I deleted everything, and i mean everything.  Started from scratch and it works now.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,621)