cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mtagliaferri
Resolver I
Resolver I

Populating Word Document - Without Using Premium Connector

I have a flow triggered by a Microsoft Form and I am trying to populate some fields on a created document, So far no issue with creating the document however I don't seem to be able to populate the newly created document .docx.

I have a document library where I have a further library 'Passport Renewal Letters', in this library I created some fields such as Email, Crew Member and Application NCapture2.PNG

These fields are then inserted in the word document with extension .docx

Capture1.PNG

The overall flow is

Capture0.PNG

The templates is contained in a separate library not within the Document library, and so far no problem

Capture3.PNG

The file is created in the correct library as per below step

Capture4.PNG

I am then updating the file properties but this seem not to be working

Capture5.PNG

For some reason I am not able to select the correct library in the library name (Documents/Passport Renewal Letters), I am only able to see the master Documents folder but not the 'Passport Renewal Letters' folder, from the drop down list, contained within the Documents library.

Could this be the issue? 

Also I noticed that when I open the created letter by double clicking it will open it in Read Only version however if I click via the 3 dots and select open in Word it will open correctly.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
NuttyPistons
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @mtagliaferri ,

You'll want to use the step called Populate a Microsoft Word Template. You can enter your required fields in that step, and then use "Create File" to create that file using the Output from Populate a Microsoft Word Template.

@NuttyPistons Thanks, that is a premium connector which I do not have access to, I have been checking and apparently it is feasible without a premium connector.

I have a feeling the problem is on the fact I cannot select the correct library on the 'Update File Properties' step.

Any thoughts?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,470)