cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShortcutShari
Regular Visitor

Populating a SharePoint list from Forms

Good afternoon!  I am attempting to create a Power Automate that is populating a SharePoint List from a Microsoft Forms submission.  I am having an issue with 2 of the field types being recognized as options in Dynamic Content.  Can someone please provide me options for capturing the Rating and the Choice fields in SharePoint from Forms? 

The rating field does not like the Number data type and only provides the Response ID as an option.

The Choice field only gives me the option to select the options populated from the drop down list.

I intend to create a Power BI dashboard from the data so I can't simply use "text" as the SharePoint (destination) field data type.

The only post I found that is similar did not provide the solution.  Thanks in advance for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @ShortcutShari ,

According to the screenshot you posted in the previous post, InterestMC Value is not a multiple-choice column.

If it is multiple choice column, it should be like the following image:

194.PNG195.PNG

And in Forms, if it is a checkbox, the output should be like the following image:

196.PNG

if they are multiple-choice in Forms and SharePoint list, you could refer to the following method to configure Create item action.

You could use the method provided in the following thread to remove brackets and quotes.

Saving-multiple-checkboxes-values-from-forms-to-excel

Then use split() function to create an array. Append the choice value to an array variable with the specified data format.

197.PNG198.PNG199.PNG

Hope that makes sense.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @ShortcutShari  please see this advice.

imagenejemplo.gif

Could you send us an screanshot about your flow and your form?

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
ShortcutShari
Regular Visitor

I figured out the rating field and thought I would share.  Still working on the choice (multi-select) field.

@Corrado_72 

This is for the people following the thread.  I had the same issue and was also disappointed that the solution was not provided.

I created a SharePoint list and the rating field was created as a Number field.  When mapping the response field to SharePoint, the only option available from Dynamic Content was the Response ID (which is an integer).  This tells me that the source field needs to be an integer.  When exporting to Excel, I noticed that the field type came across as "General" (Text/String). 

The "rating" field from Forms is not provided when you try to map because it views it as Text/String so it has to be converted to a number.  After digging, I found a post that shows the Expression option (at the top of the Dynamic Content pane).  Click that and select the function INT().  Here is what is non-intuitive.  Click BACK on the Dynamic content link and ALL of your form fields are displayed.  Make sure your cursor is between the () and select your rating field.  Click OK and it will add the function to your form.  Works like a charm!

Thank you for the quick response!  This is not helpful to me, but it may be to someone else.  I am not familiar with Json (yet!) and your interface appears to be in another language so I can't really tell what is being selected at points.  

Hello @ShortcutShari 

I have a form with a Rate field and a choice field, and I can get their values converting them:

Rate.png

1) Convert from Rate field to integer (int function, choosing the field Rate, which is renamed with an id by flow).

2) Convert from Choice field to string (string function, choosing the choice field, which is renamed with an id by flow).

The ouput is the following:

output.png

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Thanks @fchopo .  I am fairly new to PA, and I'm not sure where you created the "Initialize" steps.  I am attempting to map the fields, and when I add a multiple choice field to the SharePoint list, this is what the field looks like in PA.

Capture.PNG

Hello @ShortcutShari 

What I suggest is that you store the Forms values in variables, and the use them to create the item in a SharePoint list. Initialize variable is an action where you create a variable, and initalize its value:

Initialize.png

So, after getting the response details, you can read and transform the form values using some expressions, like:

• Rate: int(body('Get_response_details')?['NameOfYourFormField']

Where NameOfYourFormField is the name of your field in forms.

After that, you can create the item in a SharePoint library using their values:

Rate.png

As you can see, for the Rate Attention value (it's a choice field) I entered a custom value, and selected the form field that has the value.

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi @ShortcutShari ,

Does the choice option in Microsoft Forms support multiple selections?

I noticed that InterestMC field in List does not support multiple selections.

It seems that they do not match.

Besides, the Reated By field seems like a person field instead of a choice field.

Please try to use @fchopo @’s method to configure your flow or you could provide more explanations about your questions so that we could provide proper workaround for you.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Yes, it is Choice (multiple/checkbox) on both the Form and the SharePoint list.  When posted as a string, it looks like this :  [choice1,choice2,choice3] which does not translate to the multi select in SharePoint, of course.  I've done variables in SharePoint Designer and VBA but I don't know what the arguments or parameters are so this is a stretch for me.

Hi @ShortcutShari ,

According to the screenshot you posted in the previous post, InterestMC Value is not a multiple-choice column.

If it is multiple choice column, it should be like the following image:

194.PNG195.PNG

And in Forms, if it is a checkbox, the output should be like the following image:

196.PNG

if they are multiple-choice in Forms and SharePoint list, you could refer to the following method to configure Create item action.

You could use the method provided in the following thread to remove brackets and quotes.

Saving-multiple-checkboxes-values-from-forms-to-excel

Then use split() function to create an array. Append the choice value to an array variable with the specified data format.

197.PNG198.PNG199.PNG

Hope that makes sense.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Microsoft Ignite 768x460.png

Find your focus

Explore the latest tools,training sessions,technical expertise, networking and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,898)