Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CARLOS_R
Advocate II
Advocate II

Populating an existing word document template with a Sharepoint list Flow

Hi! 

I am trying to update some "plain text control fields" in an existing Word Document (.docx) with the Power Automate Word Connector in a flow created from within the Sharepoint library holding the file, based on the flow template "Complete a custom action for the selected file".

In this case, the Power Automate action is not showing the fields in the word doc, but instead the label dynamicFileSchema which I am not sure how to understand it.

I would greatly appreciate some help on whether my intent is possible at the moment, or any suggestions out there.

Thanks!

SharedScreenshot.jpg 

4 REPLIES 4

@CARLOS_R - I have noticed a lag between updating the Word template and when the plain text fields appear as options in Power Automate. Have you tried removing the Word template step and re-adding it? Do the fields appear then?

Hi @PowerBack19 , thanks for the comment. I tried deleting the Populate Word Template action and creating it again, but the document fields still don't appear in the action, only a text box for dynamicFileSchema  which I don't understand its purpose.

Hello @CARLOS_R , I'm sorry to say that the only way that I have found that works for me  is to close and reopen the flow. "dynamicFileSchema" seems to appear if the required field no longer exists in the file - or as in your case it is not found/loaded. I get this for example when i populate fields for one document template and then change to another template that does not have the same fields.

Thanks @Rundblad for your response. I will try to see if this works.

Kind regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,275)