Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Populating an existing word document template with a Sharepoint list Flow

Hi! 

I am trying to update some "plain text control fields" in an existing Word Document (.docx) with the Power Automate Word Connector in a flow created from within the Sharepoint library holding the file, based on the flow template "Complete a custom action for the selected file".

In this case, the Power Automate action is not showing the fields in the word doc, but instead the label dynamicFileSchema which I am not sure how to understand it.

I would greatly appreciate some help on whether my intent is possible at the moment, or any suggestions out there.

Thanks!

SharedScreenshot.jpg 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Populating an existing word document template with a Sharepoint list Flow

@CARLOS_R - I have noticed a lag between updating the Word template and when the plain text fields appear as options in Power Automate. Have you tried removing the Word template step and re-adding it? Do the fields appear then?

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: Populating an existing word document template with a Sharepoint list Flow

Hi @PowerBack19 , thanks for the comment. I tried deleting the Populate Word Template action and creating it again, but the document fields still don't appear in the action, only a text box for dynamicFileSchema  which I don't understand its purpose.

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,712)