Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CARLOS_R
Advocate II
Advocate II

Populating an existing word document template with a Sharepoint list Flow

Hi! 

I am trying to update some "plain text control fields" in an existing Word Document (.docx) with the Power Automate Word Connector in a flow created from within the Sharepoint library holding the file, based on the flow template "Complete a custom action for the selected file".

In this case, the Power Automate action is not showing the fields in the word doc, but instead the label dynamicFileSchema which I am not sure how to understand it.

I would greatly appreciate some help on whether my intent is possible at the moment, or any suggestions out there.

Thanks!

SharedScreenshot.jpg 

4 REPLIES 4

@CARLOS_R - I have noticed a lag between updating the Word template and when the plain text fields appear as options in Power Automate. Have you tried removing the Word template step and re-adding it? Do the fields appear then?

Hi @PowerBack19 , thanks for the comment. I tried deleting the Populate Word Template action and creating it again, but the document fields still don't appear in the action, only a text box for dynamicFileSchema  which I don't understand its purpose.

Hello @CARLOS_R , I'm sorry to say that the only way that I have found that works for me  is to close and reopen the flow. "dynamicFileSchema" seems to appear if the required field no longer exists in the file - or as in your case it is not found/loaded. I get this for example when i populate fields for one document template and then change to another template that does not have the same fields.

Thanks @Rundblad for your response. I will try to see if this works.

Kind regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,915)