cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Possible to set a recurring task w/ To-Do connector and also format the date that get's displayed?

I did not see any options to set the recurring field using the To-Do create task connector. It is possible or just not an option right now?

Also, the date in the title of the task is formatted like 2020-03-05. It is a dynamic value pulled out of a date field from Dynamics 365. We would like it to be formatted like 03/05/2020. Is there a simple way to to do this? Thank you! 

to-do example.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Possible to set a recurring task w/ To-Do connector and also format the date that get's displayed?

Hi @b_tomp ,

Unfortunately, yes, there is no field in the Add a to-do (V2) action to set recurrence, which is an unsupported feature.

In addition, regarding formatting the date contained in the title, you can consider using the formatDateTime() function.

Reference guide for functions in expressions - Azure Logic Apps | Microsoft Docs

Or you can use Convert time zone action to change the format.

Hope that makes sense.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Possible to set a recurring task w/ To-Do connector and also format the date that get's displayed?

@b_tomp 

Hi again.  So, the short answer is "I don't think so".  I came at this from a few different angles since there seems to be some overlap on which front-end you can use for tasks (To-Do, Outlook Tasks, maybe even SharePoint...who knows?)

When a task has something in a recurrence, the JSON body of the task changes from "null" under "recurrence" to a bunch of other stuff:

20200728a.PNG

Some of those lines use codes rather than the fun name,  like "1" instead of "weekly", so you would have to know those.

Depending on how many recurrences you want, you might be able to create a loop inside Power Automate to do the same thing, but it would be several distinct tasks rather than a single task with a recurrence flag (multiple task ID's)

If you want to give the first route using some HTTP wizardry, I found this information which might be helpful:  Outlook Task REST API reference (version 2.0).

Either way, keep us posted.

-Ed

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @b_tomp ,

Unfortunately, yes, there is no field in the Add a to-do (V2) action to set recurrence, which is an unsupported feature.

In addition, regarding formatting the date contained in the title, you can consider using the formatDateTime() function.

Reference guide for functions in expressions - Azure Logic Apps | Microsoft Docs

Or you can use Convert time zone action to change the format.

Hope that makes sense.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@b_tomp 

Hi again.  So, the short answer is "I don't think so".  I came at this from a few different angles since there seems to be some overlap on which front-end you can use for tasks (To-Do, Outlook Tasks, maybe even SharePoint...who knows?)

When a task has something in a recurrence, the JSON body of the task changes from "null" under "recurrence" to a bunch of other stuff:

20200728a.PNG

Some of those lines use codes rather than the fun name,  like "1" instead of "weekly", so you would have to know those.

Depending on how many recurrences you want, you might be able to create a loop inside Power Automate to do the same thing, but it would be several distinct tasks rather than a single task with a recurrence flag (multiple task ID's)

If you want to give the first route using some HTTP wizardry, I found this information which might be helpful:  Outlook Task REST API reference (version 2.0).

Either way, keep us posted.

-Ed

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

@v-bacao-msft  am I able to past a function directly into a field like a Dynamic value? I tried using the function as an "input" for the Compose data operation, and then use the "output" as a dynamic value, but it gave me an error that there was no input. 

Here is the function I am using, formatDateTime(triggerBody()?['new_startdate'],'dd/MM/yyyy')...when I put this into the subject field of my task it came out as a string

b_tomp_0-1596041523032.png

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

NVM, I got it...I was entering the function as a string into flow...did not realize I have to press the "ok" button to actually enter the function into the field

b_tomp_0-1596042029963.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,799)