cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anthonys123
Helper III
Helper III

Post Adaptive Card for two users results in error - GraphUserDetailNotFound

My flow currently posts an adaptive card in Teams for a user to enter some information about a file. I've now been asked to post this card to two users. I've tried "user1@email.com; user2@email.com" but I'm getting this error. 

The request failed. Error code: 'GraphUserDetailNotFound'. Error Message: 'No user details with email or UPN 'user1@email.com;user2@email.com' were found in Graph.'.  

4 REPLIES 4
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hi @anthonys123 

Unfortunately, you can send an adaptive card to a single user. Therefore, you should create an Array variable with the emails you want to send the adaptive card (like [ "user1@email.com",  "user2@email.com"] ) and then use an apply-to-each item:

post-ac.png

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

I think this worked (thanks @fchopo !), although I now (of course) have an added problem.

The action I was using was "Post an Adaptive Card to a Teams user and wait for a response" which had the extremely helpful [Edit Adaptive Card] function inside the action.  

Since that's been deprecated 😡, I changed the action to "Post adaptive card and wait for a response".  When doing so, it seems this method posted the card to one user, waited for a response, then posted to the second user.

Because this is not preferable (it should post to both users simultaneously), I changed the action to "Post adaptive card in a chat or channel".

Now it seems the flow is fully processing without waiting for a response. So when the card is interacted with in Teams it says 'Unable to reach app'. 

It seems that "Post your own adaptive card as the Flow bot to a user" has also been deprecated.     

So my question is, is it possible to post to two users simultaneously and wait for a response?  

fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hi @anthonys123 

Have a look at this thread where I posted a similar solution: Solved: Adaptive cards to multiple teams users - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

In order to send adaptive cards to multiple users at the same time, you can change the Concurrency Control setting of Apply to each action (the one you use when sending Adaptive Cards to users):

concurrency.png

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

I've found an alternate solution. Rather than sending to more than one individual user, I've created a Group Chat to send the adaptive card to. This gives me more flexibility with who can receive the messages and allows users to discuss the cards as they're posted. It also significantly simplifies the workflow.   

Thank you for your help! It was great to learn about the email array. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,211)