cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vitapi

Post a message to an external user

Hello,

I created flow with action  Post a message as the Flow bot to a user. It works, but only for internal users. How is it possible to post message to an external user from another tenant?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jason_c_wyatt
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

"Oh, we lost the invoice" 🙂 

I'm sorry that you are not able to use Teams for this, sounds like it could have really helped you.

They could set up flows on their end to pick up emails containing invoices but they are probably not THAT keen to pay.

You could always request it as a feature.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jason_c_wyatt
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Just for clarification, can you confirm the person you want to send to is not a guest user?

Vitapi

@jason_c_wyatt , in my case it's not. He is a real account from other M365 tenant with business Teams license.

jason_c_wyatt
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Looks like the scope of sending to a user is only within a tenant & you can only send a Teams message to an outsider if they are a guest.

Oh, its so hard to accept. Some customers have huge stream of incoming mails, so our invoices are getting lost. My idea was push them thru Teams after sending new invoice.  

jason_c_wyatt
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

"Oh, we lost the invoice" 🙂 

I'm sorry that you are not able to use Teams for this, sounds like it could have really helped you.

They could set up flows on their end to pick up emails containing invoices but they are probably not THAT keen to pay.

You could always request it as a feature.

View solution in original post

Jason, are you able to @mention an external user who is a guest on a team site using a flow?  I have tried - see below.  It doesn't seem to work.  Am I doing something wrong or is this just not possible?

PeggyLang_0-1632939762455.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,857)