cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
katdai
Frequent Visitor

Post and Adaptive Card to a Teams user and wait for a response unable to enter dynamic value for expression into key value fields

Hi, 

I'm trying to use the fairly new "Post an Adaptive Card to a Teams user and wait for a response" action, but when using the new Key-Value pairs to pass data into the Adaptive Card, I am unable to enter both dynamic values or expressions into either fields. I receive no response when I click the icons or when I try the keyboard shortcuts. Interestingly, I also cannot paste into the fields, although I can select all, copy, and type.

Anybody seeing similar behavior? Thoughts?

katdai_1-1617292752238.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-duann-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @katdai 

Thank you for posting.

According to your description, you couldn’t select dynamic content while using key-value pairs mode in ‘Post and Adaptive Card to a Teams user and wait for a response’ action. If any misunderstanding, please kindly let me know.

I’m afraid it’s possibly a bug as I can reproduce your issue from my end easily. However, when I do some research, I can get some captures shown as below. It can be filled in using dynamic content.

v-duann-msft_0-1617354131827.png

Post an Adaptive Card to Teams > Update File Prope... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Ideally, we should be able to select dynamic value here but due to internal incident, we failed. Sometimes, I even couldn’t enable experimental mode. Since it’s a preview action, it’s still unstable. Our product team will keep on updating/fixing it. I will report this potential bug for you too.

Thus, at current stage please switch to normal mode and try Json script if necessary. Apologize for the trouble caused and thank you for your finding.

If you are still struggling with this issue, I recommend you can go to below website to request a remote troubleshooting support if you need.

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Hope the content above may help you.

Best regards,

Anna

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-duann-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @katdai 

Thank you for posting.

According to your description, you couldn’t select dynamic content while using key-value pairs mode in ‘Post and Adaptive Card to a Teams user and wait for a response’ action. If any misunderstanding, please kindly let me know.

I’m afraid it’s possibly a bug as I can reproduce your issue from my end easily. However, when I do some research, I can get some captures shown as below. It can be filled in using dynamic content.

v-duann-msft_0-1617354131827.png

Post an Adaptive Card to Teams > Update File Prope... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Ideally, we should be able to select dynamic value here but due to internal incident, we failed. Sometimes, I even couldn’t enable experimental mode. Since it’s a preview action, it’s still unstable. Our product team will keep on updating/fixing it. I will report this potential bug for you too.

Thus, at current stage please switch to normal mode and try Json script if necessary. Apologize for the trouble caused and thank you for your finding.

If you are still struggling with this issue, I recommend you can go to below website to request a remote troubleshooting support if you need.

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Hope the content above may help you.

Best regards,

Anna

PrasadAthalye
Community Champion
Community Champion

Try clearing cache OR using another browser and see if it helps.

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

Hopefully this is corrected shortly! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,350)