cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DoowopDobbo
Frequent Visitor

Post message as the Flow Bot not working as expected

I am using the 'Post message as the Flow Bot' action to post Microsoft Teams 'message body content' to a Teams channel. It works, but the resultant post contains extraneous HTML.

If I use 'Post a message' action instead of the flow bot, it works perfectly, but this posts the message as me (which I don't want).

Can anyone help?

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: Post message as the Flow Bot not working as expected

Is the message body coming from an eMail?  I wonder if that's where the HTML is coming from.

Try inserting an interim step, "Convert HTML to Text" and see if that cleans it up.20190503e.PNG

Keep us posted.

-Ed-

DoowopDobbo
Frequent Visitor

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the quick reply. 

The message body is coming from an email in HTML as you guessed. I can't convert to plain text as I need to keep the HTML for the formatting. The problem is that the Flow Bot is not interpreting the HTML correctly. When I post using the Flow Bot, I get the result below:-

Screenshot 2019-05-03 at 19.05.28.png

However, when I use flow to post the message as myself, it works perfectly. See below:-

Screenshot 2019-05-03 at 19.05.08.png

Thanks again for any advice you can give.

Regards,

Julian

chuyendang
Regular Visitor

@DoowopDobbo  Did you find a workaround for this? I am having the same problem

DoowopDobbo
Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately not, sorry! I think it's a bug that will get resolved in its own time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,825)