cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DoowopDobbo
Frequent Visitor

Post message as the Flow Bot not working as expected

I am using the 'Post message as the Flow Bot' action to post Microsoft Teams 'message body content' to a Teams channel. It works, but the resultant post contains extraneous HTML.

If I use 'Post a message' action instead of the flow bot, it works perfectly, but this posts the message as me (which I don't want).

Can anyone help?

4 REPLIES 4

Is the message body coming from an eMail?  I wonder if that's where the HTML is coming from.

Try inserting an interim step, "Convert HTML to Text" and see if that cleans it up.20190503e.PNG

Keep us posted.

-Ed-

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the quick reply. 

The message body is coming from an email in HTML as you guessed. I can't convert to plain text as I need to keep the HTML for the formatting. The problem is that the Flow Bot is not interpreting the HTML correctly. When I post using the Flow Bot, I get the result below:-

Screenshot 2019-05-03 at 19.05.28.png

However, when I use flow to post the message as myself, it works perfectly. See below:-

Screenshot 2019-05-03 at 19.05.08.png

Thanks again for any advice you can give.

Regards,

Julian

@DoowopDobbo  Did you find a workaround for this? I am having the same problem

Unfortunately not, sorry! I think it's a bug that will get resolved in its own time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,430)