cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Post message as the Flow Bot not working as expected

I am using the 'Post message as the Flow Bot' action to post Microsoft Teams 'message body content' to a Teams channel. It works, but the resultant post contains extraneous HTML.

If I use 'Post a message' action instead of the flow bot, it works perfectly, but this posts the message as me (which I don't want).

Can anyone help?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Is the message body coming from an eMail?  I wonder if that's where the HTML is coming from.

Try inserting an interim step, "Convert HTML to Text" and see if that cleans it up.20190503e.PNG

Keep us posted.

-Ed-

Highlighted

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the quick reply. 

The message body is coming from an email in HTML as you guessed. I can't convert to plain text as I need to keep the HTML for the formatting. The problem is that the Flow Bot is not interpreting the HTML correctly. When I post using the Flow Bot, I get the result below:-

Screenshot 2019-05-03 at 19.05.28.png

However, when I use flow to post the message as myself, it works perfectly. See below:-

Screenshot 2019-05-03 at 19.05.08.png

Thanks again for any advice you can give.

Regards,

Julian

Highlighted

@DoowopDobbo  Did you find a workaround for this? I am having the same problem

Highlighted

Unfortunately not, sorry! I think it's a bug that will get resolved in its own time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,144)