Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jennabutler
Microsoft
Microsoft

Post message error: missing body content

Hi there!

I'm trying to build a flow that will take data from a Form, use the data from that form to start a Teams chat, and then chat a bit with the person.

So far I am able to "Create a chat" successfully, but then when I try to "Post message in a chat or channel" I get an error saying "Missing body content" even though I filled out all the required sections of the "Post message in a chat or channel" card. Any ideas??

Error resultError resultCurrent flow with arrow pointing to where error occursCurrent flow with arrow pointing to where error occurs

4 REPLIES 4
NiloferA
Super User
Super User

Hello @jennabutler ,

Can you please try to add the Responder's email directly in the Recipient field of "Post message in a chat or channel" and see if it works

Please hit Kudo or Mark this Reply as a Solution if it resolved you problem!

jennabutler
Microsoft
Microsoft

@NiloferA this is for a project where I need to store people anonymously using only the conversation ID. My hope was to store the IDs of people who have consented to be in conversation, and then go back to those conversations each day. I won't have access to their email after initially getting the ID. 

Hello @jennabutler ,

In that case you can pass the ID you get from the Office 365 action to the "Post a message in a chat or channel", because this action expects the User Info and not the Conversation info. 

This will create a chat with the user which you can refer later on.

z3019494
Helper I
Helper I

This action is a bit misleading.

When posting as 

• Flow bot, you can post to:
    • Channel
    • Chat with Flow bot 

But for some strange reason it also allows you to select Group chat, which generates the following error:

z3019494_0-1642991191812.png

• User, you can only post to a Group Chat. When you do that, this is what appears:
    z3019494_1-1642991273896.png

Unfortunately it's not possible with install the Power Automate bot into a group chat, hence the User option.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,689)